Hands up who loves halloumi?
It’s rather moreish, isn’t it? I love it in a salad, on a toastie, on top of a burger or in a wrap. Today I bring you a wrap that would be fabulous for lunch or add a salad and it would make a substantial dinner. A roast vegetable, veggie sausage and halloumi wrap to be precise.
That smokiness from the roast vegetables, some garlicky green pesto, peppery salad leaves, some cooked veggie sausages and freshly cooked halloumi, all crisp and golden on the outside and chewy in the middle. Yum!
That’s a wrap and a half isn’t it? I bet you are looking at that and thinking there is no way you are going to be able to roll that, there are way too many toppings. Well you are right it was a bit of a struggle.
I managed. I have skills.
You don’t believe me do you?
I’m not saying it stayed like that once I picked it up, but it started off all bonnie, although you will see there was a fair bit of filling escaping out of the bottom.
OK, maybe I did overfill it.
Messy or not it was amazingly good. Are you tempted?
I knew you would be! Lunch never need be boring again!
Roast Vegetable, Veggie Sausage & Halloumi Wraps
A tasty and filling wrap filled with roast vegetables, veggie sausages and crisp, golden halloumi cheese. Great for lunch or with a dressed green salad for a light dinner.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 courgette, sliced
- a few slices of butternut squash, cut into chunks
- 4 veggie sausages
- 4 soft tortilla wraps
- 3 tbsp ready made pesto
- 120g mixed salad leaves
- 250g halloumi cheese, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 240 c/220 c fan 475 f/gas mark 9.2. Prepare the vegetables and add them to a roasting pan with the olive oil. Give a good mix, so the sausages and vegetables are well coated with oil.3. Bake for 20-30 minutes, tossing a couple of times, until the edges are starting to brown and the carrots are tender. 4. While the vegetables are roasting, dry fry the halloumi until golden (you don’t need any oil, just a hot pan).5. Spread each wrap with pesto, top with salad leaves, roast vegetables, halloumi and sliced sausages.6. Wrap firmly. Fold in the sides, then roll towards you. Cut in half and serve.7. Enjoy!
Total time: 35 mins
Calories per serving: 432 calories
To support National Vegetarian Week I’m sharing recipes, cookbooks and giveaways with my readers every day this week.