Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays! I really enjoy making cards, crafts, and special DIYs for people who mean so much to me. It’s a great holiday to tell friends, family, as well as significant others how important they are.
DIY Bath Melts Recipe: for V Day!
This year I wanted to do something different. So I started thinking of something unique to make that was Valentine-inspired. Right away I started thinking of the color pink. The first thing that came to mind: Pink Himalayan Sea Salt.
Pink Himalayan Sea Salt For Skin
This little gem is just wonderful for skin. Pink Himalayan sea salt is mined in the foothills of the Himalayan mountains. It differs from table salt in many ways, but mainly because it contains many more beneficial minerals. This salt is especially beneficial in baths. (Find out more here: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Salt.)
In a bath, Pink Himalayan sea salt helps skin retain moisture. It also helps the body get rid of toxins. Plus, it has such a beautiful pinkish hue that makes it ideal for DIY projects.
Ingredients for Natural DIY Bath Melts Recipe
Knowing that I wanted to use Pink Himalayan sea salt, it was easy to determine that I would make DIY bath melts. They are much easier to make than bath fizzies! Just three ingredients and under ten minutes, and you have a gorgeous, gift-able DIY bath melt.
To go along with the pink theme, I grabbed a few dried rose petals. To prevent a clogged drain, I put them in the food processor until they were very finely ground. Dried roses smell absolutely delightful and they have a wonderful way of perfuming a bath. Not to mention roses are rich in antioxidants, great astringents, and moisturizing to skin.
To hold all these things together, I added some coconut oil. It allows the bath melt to do just that – melt! Coconut oil is also wonderfully moisturizing and gives skin a natural glow.
These little bath melts are wonderfully fragrant, soothing, and will leave your skin silky soft. I put 10-20 small melts in mason jars, tied them with a pretty ribbon and gave them out. However, another idea would be to present them in chocolate boxes (though carefully labeling them as bath melts!).
Pink Himalayan Sea Salt Bath Melts Recipe
(Makes about 20 small bath melts, depending on the size of your mold)
- 2 tablespoons finely ground rose petals (find organic rose petals here)
- 8.75 ounces fine Pink Himalayan Sea Salt (find it here)
- ¼ – ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- silicone heart mold (like this)
- Begin by finely grating rose petals in a spice grinder or food processor. (Or save a step and find rose petal powder here.)
- In a small bowl, combine Pink Himalayan sea salt and rose petals.
- Stir to combine.
- Melt coconut oil and drizzle in slowly while stirring.
- Allow the rose petals and salt to become completely covered in the coconut oil, and stop pouring. I used between ¼ and ½ cup of melted coconut oil.
- Scoop mixture into molds. I used small heart molds.
- Place the molds into the freezer.
- Once solid, unmold and store in a cool, dry place.
- Place one or two bath melts in a warm bath.
- Relax for 10-20 minutes.
- When finished, use a towel to pat skin dry, allowing some coconut oil to remain.
- Drain tub while water is still warm.
This recipe can be customized with your favorite botanicals. Not a fan of rose petals? Try using lavender buds instead! Want a more earthy aroma? Try dried rosemary or chamomile flowers.
Want more DIY gifts for Valentines Day? Check out these projects:
- Sensual DIY Massage Oil: Perfect for Valentine’s Day
- Ideas For A Green & Sustainable DIY Valentines Day
- Natural Gelatin Desserts for Valentines Day
- How to Have a DIY Valentines Day
- A Natural Homemade Healing Lip Balm Recipe